LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - DERMATOLOGY - BURLINGTONApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: LIC002QG
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate must be an LPN in good standing and should enjoy working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. The ability to exhibit flexibility, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are a must. Strong customer service skills are also needed. Prior outpatient dermatology and EPIC experience preferred, although not required. New graduate LPN’s welcome. This employee will be expected to float between the Hillsborough and Burlington dermatology locations based on clinic needs. BCLS certification preferred.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Licensed Practical Nurse include:
• Appointment preparation
• Patient triage and rooming
• Assisting physicians with surgical and treatment procedures and corresponding order entry
• Medication administration
• Patient teaching and care coordination
• Documenting entries into the patient's medical record
• Returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
• Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse
• Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
• Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
• Maintains compliance with organizational policies, procedures including regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention.
Requires graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course, or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be licensed to practice as a practical nurse in North Carolina.
Primary Location: Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Department: P-31229-FP DERMATOLOGY - BURLINGTON
Shift: Day Job