RN PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER I - UNC DERMATOLOGY AND SKIN CANCER CENTER - HILLSBOROUGH AND BURLINGTONApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: NUR00OX0
Job DescriptionThe robust and rapidly growing UNC Dermatology Department is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and team-oriented nurse leader to supervise the clinical team in its UNC Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in both Burlington and Hillsborough. This position will function in an integral leadership role, managing fast pace day-to-day operations and be a member of a cohesive team of managers at all 4 outpatient sites. This position will report directly to the Clinical Director and participate in the fundamental development of outpatient care for clinic visits with a focus on innovation, quality improvement, strategic thinking and cost control of daily operations.
Will manage functions to include:
• Evidenced Based Nursing Care for all patients
• Patient Centered Care in the Outpatient Setting
• Patient, provider, and staff satisfaction
• Physical (space, equipment, supplies) and human resource management
• Clinical and regulatory compliance
• Workforce Planning and benchmarking
• Revenue Cycle and expense budget management
• Maintaining appropriate staffing levels
• Staff supervision and performance reviews
• Participation in quality improvement initiatives
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Clinical Nursing Practice - Promotes an environment that values diversity, open communication, teamwork and exceptional service. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning to achieve desired patient outcomes and ensures that appropriate care and services are available to all patients. Participates in direct patient care to meet daily operational needs. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Demonstrates and role models clinical expertise and shares expertise through supervision and education of professional nursing staff. Promotes and ensures the use of appropriate nursing process throughout the entire clinic to provide quality patient care.
2. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources and creates an environment conducive to staff recruitment and retention. Applies organizational policy in all aspects throughout the employment continuum. Provides staff with annual performance and ongoing feedback and opportunity to set professional goals through promotion of education. Integrates best practice standards regarding retention of staff in all aspects of practice.
3. Operational and Fiscal Management - Establishes and promotes standards of excellence for areas of responsibility and ensures consistent implementation by staff. Provides input about trends related to program development, facility needs and fiscal realities. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals in conjunction with the Clinical Director. Implements strategies to cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4 .Quality Improvement—Leads, participates, and promotes quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety, or quality of care deficits. Develops, implements and evaluates new and creative approaches to meeting operational and healthcare goals. Remains knowledgeable of ongoing and changing organizational goals and provides quality feedback to staff on a continuous basis.
5. Education—Creates an educational environment conducive to professional growth of self and staff. Coordinates, designs and implements educational programs to meet identified learning needs of staff, patients and families. Promotes and ensures staff participation in continuing education, orientation, competency, in-service and staff development offerings. Participates in development and implementation of competency initiatives.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
Licensure: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional nursing experience and one (1) year of management experience.
United States-North Carolina-Burlington/Hillsborough Location
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Primary Location: Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Department: P-31229-FP DERMATOLOGY - BURLINGTON
Shift: Day Job