LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - UNCPN PANTHER CREEK FAMILY PRACTICEApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: LIC002RB
Job DescriptionThe Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Licensed Practical Nurse Include:
- Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing patient education, and other procedures as directed by the RN or physician.
- Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
- Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
- Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
- Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures.
- Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors.
- Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
Completion of accredited practical nursing program.
Primary Location: Cary, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN1-60510-UNCPN PANTHER CREEK FAM PRAC
Shift: Day Job