ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR CLINICAL NUTRITIONApply Now Email Job Job ID: NUT00EZH
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Directs and manages a large service sector or cost center within the Nutritional and Food Services program for a large academic health care system.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Financial Stewardship Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation.
2. Human Resource Stewardship/Management Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches, and uses appropriate corrective actions with staff in accordance with UNC HCS policies and procedures. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision making.
3. Leadership Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality. Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Creates an educational environment conducive to learning.
4. Professional Development Maintains familiarity with evidence based standards of care appropriate discipline/professional work group and works to implement within the workplace. Seeks opportunities for professional growth and networks with other similar entities for collaboration. Attends required orientation prior to initiation of new systems. Participates in appropriate educational opportunities and works to provide staff with opportunities for growth and development.
5. Provides quality services Identifies key customers and needs. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Utilizes SBAR and PDSA methodologies effectively. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
6. Regulatory/Accreditation Issues Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
Licensed as a Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition within one (1) month from date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Master's degree in Nutrition or related field. Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). Five (5) years of clinical nutrition work experience, including two (2) years in a supervisory or managerial capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-51060-NFS CLINICAL NUTRITION SUPPORT
Shift: Day Job