BILINGUAL REVENUE CYCLE FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE - CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTERApply Now Email Job Job ID: FIN003D0
Responsible for performing a variety of complex customer service related functions through the Call Center for patients and/or their representative including collection of prior debt, obtaining authorizations, addressing billing questions, establishing payment plans, screening for financial assistance, responding to MyUNC Chart inquiries and other Customer Service requests for both hospital and physician services across the Healthcare System.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Fulfills patient requests for itemization of charges, adding/verifying/billing insurance, establishing payment plans, payroll deductions, process adjustments, request refunds, and explain charity care policy and guidelines.
• Initiate patient outreach on delinquent payment plans, adding accounts to existing payment plans and high risk/balance accounts. Investigate HB and PB Set off Debt Collection Act (SODCA) disputed accounts that have received a NC State Income Tax refund withhold using current and legacy billing and imaging systems. Meets with attorneys to record depositions, collaborate with the attorney general’s office and attend/participate in hearings when needed.
• Work with Patient Relations, Risk Management for HB and PB patients who have escalated complaints or concerns. Oversee HB Client account billing and follow-up which includes validating charges and fee schedules, review and move charges, research and reconcile payments, communicate with multiple departments to answer client questions and collect payments. Work with external customers such as collection agencies, UNCPN and Hospital based clinics to address any patient concerns
High School diploma or GED. Two (2) years of experience in Hospital or Physician Insurance related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections)
Knowledge Experience Requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills, and organizational skills.
• Advanced knowledge of UB-04, HCFA-1500’s and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation.
• Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes.
• Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology.
• Ability to work in fast pace environment and prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Healthcare terminology.
• Customer Service skills.
• Computer knowledge: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: SHRD-77110-CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER
Shift: Day Job