CASHIER / BARISTA - NCCH STARBUCKSApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: NUT00ESH
Position: Commercial Cashier/Barista
Location: Starbucks, North Carolina Cancer Hospital, Chapel Hill
Hours: Multiple Shifts Needed
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct
contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of
Two incredible opportunities in one – UNC Hospitals and Starbucks!! Join the UNC Hospitals’ team while working in the Starbuck Coffee Shop located in the new North Carolina Cancer Hospital. We are currently looking for commercial cashiers that will also be trained as coffee baristas. The barista will ensure service standards are met and surpassed by creating the Starbucks Experience for customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
Barista / Commercial Cashier Responsibilities include:
Deliver Legendary Service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer.
Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
Assist customers in the selection and purchase of specialty coffee beverages and whole bean sales.
Provide quality beverages, such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the Week, Whole Bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public.
Record sales at point of service, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Comply with UNC HCS policies and procedures for cash handling and sanitation.
Provide daily, weekly or monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling.
Comply and maintain the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
Assist in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assist in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas.
Prior work experience in a fast-paced retail setting is strongly preferred and previous experience as a coffee shop barista is highly desired.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assists in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas including but not limited to preparing and serving food, tray preparation, restocking, adding ice to soda machines, brewing/transfer of coffee, and cleaning/sanitizing kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas.
2. Follows all safety and security measures as prescribed in the handling of cash receipts and adheres to all departmental requirements for compliance with the hospital's Safety Department.
3. Maintains or enhances the self-esteem of customers during transactions and tolerates negative events when conflicting priorities are present. Communicates effectively with most age groups when dealing with the public.
4. Maintains the required cash handling standards set in the cashier?s manual. Maintains the requirements for a sanitation grade A by enforcing proper sanitation practices.
5. Marginal job functions include 1) providing Daily, Weekly or Monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling 2) compiling and maintaining the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
6. Records sales in the proper manner, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Properly addresses and directs concerns and complaints brought to their attention by customers.
High School diploma or GED. One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-51120-NFS NCCH - STARBUCKS