COOKApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: NUT00ESC
Job DescriptionLocation: Chapel Hill and Hillsborough
Schedule: Multiple Shifts with Part-time and Full-time Hours
Are you tired of the daily grind of the restaurant world? Did you ever consider another career path in the culinary field? Are you interested in an 8 hour shift with competitive pay (that is well above average in the Triangle) and benefits that no restaurant can touch? Did you realize that there is another growing sector in the food industry? Are you looking for a challenging, yet rewarding change in your career? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then keep reading:
We are looking for top-shelf talent to help us bring our facility to restaurant level dining for our patients.
- This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Strong verbal communication skills supported by a pleasant and positive attitude
- Certificate or degree from an accredited culinary school, college or technical school a plus but not necessary.
- Able to work as part of a larger team exemplified by honesty, understanding, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
- Maintain a fun, positive attitude while working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task and perform prep or other tasks during slower volume periods
Cooks and prepares food and performs related tasks such as clean up and quality assurance activities.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Cooks food, including pastries desserts, and soups, according to recipes. Completes basic mathematical calculations to alter quantities as
2. Ensures quality of foods. Assists in testing and standardizing recipes maintains proper temperatures for food.
3. Operates and cleans all production utensils and equipment. Maintains cooking area in a sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
4. Prepares complete meals and special events foods. Arranges food in an appealing manner.
5. Prepares food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, and soups for regular, modified, and calculated diets using weighing and
High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence. One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, no experience is required.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-51100-NFS RETAIL SERVICES