COOKApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: NUT00ESC
Job DescriptionLocation: Chapel Hill and Hillsborough
Schedule: Multiple Shifts with Part-time and Full-time Hours
Cooks needed for UNC Health Care's locations. Experience with fast paced, high volume cooking from scratch required. Must be able to read and follow recipes including weighing and measuring ingredients. Culinary degree preferred and experience beyond fast food desired.
Shift rotates with department needs.
Cooks and prepares food and performs related tasks such as clean up and quality assurance activities.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Cooks food, including pastries desserts, and soups, according to recipes. Completes basic mathematical calculations to alter quantities as
2. Ensures quality of foods. Assists in testing and standardizing recipes maintains proper temperatures for food.
3. Operates and cleans all production utensils and equipment. Maintains cooking area in a sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
4. Prepares complete meals and special events foods. Arranges food in an appealing manner.
5. Prepares food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, and soups for regular, modified, and calculated diets using weighing and
High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence. One (1) year of experience in the cooking of food in quantity lots or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, no experience is required.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-51100-NFS RETAIL SERVICES