CREDENTIALED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - DERMATOLOGY - SOUTHERN VILLAGE CHAPEL HILLApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: MED002VB
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate must be a CMA in good standing and should enjoy working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. The ability to exhibit flexibility, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills are a must. Strong customer service skills are also needed. Prior outpatient dermatology and EPIC experience preferred, although not required. New Grad CMA's welcome.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Credentialed Medical Assistant Include:
• Appointment preparation
• Patient triage and rooming
• Assisting physicians with surgical and treatment procedures and corresponding order entry
• Medication administration
• Patient teaching and care coordination
• Documenting entries into the patient's medical record
• Returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
• Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the CMA
• Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
• Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
• Maintains compliance with organizational policies, procedures including regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention.
Candidate is required to be a Credentialed Medical Assistant in the state of North Carolina and have a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) OR meets the work eligibility (employed as a medical assistant for a minimum of five out of the last seven years, no more than two years of which may have been as an instructor in a post- secondary medical assistant program. Work experience must include both clinical and administrative duties) required by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA), National Healthcareer Association (CCMA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: P-31241-CLINICAL DERMATOLOGY-SV
Shift: Day Job