EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT SENIOR - OFFICE OF THE DEAN/CEOApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: EXE0013V
Serves as primary assistant to senior level executives in the Office of the Dean/CEO.
- Anticipates needs related to schedules and activities and provides administrative, communication, clerical, travel, and financial support to fulfill anticipated and established needs.
- Researches and composes a variety of correspondence, memoranda and reports using office support software packages. Compiles materials from multiple sources into a unified presentation. Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Communicates, manages and follows up with other senior executives regarding numerous projects, meeting, and data requests. On behalf of the executives provides guidance and oversight for numerous meetings. Ensures compilation of meeting materials, including the establishment of agendas for senior-level meetings. Information is distributed in advance to meeting attendees.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, meeting requests, and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. When requested, opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed.
- Schedules calendar commitments for supervisors and other executives. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials.
- Monitors and maintains administrative office budget, including development, execution and oversight of system-wide budget. Also includes addressing all requisitions and invoices that are presented for payment.
- Organizes supervisors' files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Requires a level of financial competency.
- Communication Skills (including strong writing skills). Customer Focus, Interpersonal Skills, Functional and Technical Expertise.
- Good creative problem solving skills.
- Conflict Management, Listening, Understanding the needs of a diverse range of internal and external customer, Team Building, Measuring Work, Working with various levels of Employees and the General Public, are all key components of this role.
- High level proficiency in various MicroSoft Office products is a must. (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
High School diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-80000-UNCHCS ADMINISTRATION-115
Shift: Day Job