HCS CLINICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST - IT SERVICE DESKApply Now Email Job Job ID: INF0034P
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Must be well organized, technically oriented and have strong customer service skills. Ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of clinical experience in a clinical environment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Assists with creation of end-user educational documentation, publications and training materials as needed. Conducts training to communicate system updates and upgrade functionalities for EMR and other systems as appropriate.
2. Builds relationships and establishes credibility interacting with end users during times of system frustration and reassuring them of timely resolution. Provides on-going support to foster positive outcomes. Works closely with Information Technology staff to assist with testing of new system functionality and system modifications. Collaborates with counterparts to understand client needs in order to improve and maintain customer relationships.
3. Facilitates basic troubleshooting and connectivity issues from incoming customer calls. Tracks and maintains the database of problem calls and requests and follows-up on resolution in a timely manner. Responds to end-user inquiries and ensures they are informed of the status and progress of problem resolution. Escalates complex incidents to a higher level as required.
4. Maintains a current level of familiarity with EMR software and various system applications to include system upgrades, updates, processes and principles utilized with EMR functionality. Provides a degree of quality control resulting in delivering safe patient care. Participates in educational opportunities to keep current with EMR and professional development.
5. Provides assistance and support for the electronic medical record (EMR) system to all end-users. Supports clinical areas to assess systematic needs and provides system support by understanding their goals and challenges and provides timely solutions and recommendations.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required.
If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Excellent analytical and communication skills Ability to work well in a team environment Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously highly responsive to internal customers
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: SHRD-71380-IT SERVICE DESK