INPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IIApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: PHA006GI
Position: Inpatient Pharmacy Technician II / INPATIENT OPERATIONS
Location: Main Hospital / Chapel Hill
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; every third weekend; set schedule/non-rotating shifts
Multiple Positions/Shifts Available
·Day Shift; 6:45am--3:15pm,
·Evening Shift; 3:00pm--11:30pm
·Night Shift; 6:30pm--7:00am / 8:00pm--7:00am
The UNC Department of Pharmacy Central Inpatient is seeking a highly skilled Pharmacy Technician to work in their multidisciplinary environment utilizing some of the most progressive technologies and facilities for pharmacy practice, including the advance use of pharmacy automation, and fully computerized pharmacy systems.
- Appropriately delivers, fills and/or exchanges medications to automated dispensing cabinets and/or patient floors
- Works in conjunction with automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders
- Screens patient medication orders for accuracy, resolves questions in consultation with licensed pharmacist
- Prepares and/or fills medication orders (oral, topical, etc.) under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Reconstitutes and dispenses medications according to prescribed orders
- Performs receiving, storage, and data entry of medications and materials received from suppliers
- Maintains proper storage and security of controlled and non-controlled medication
- Operates pharmacy automation systems in accordance with department SOPs including, but not limited to Pyxis Medication Cabinets and Talyst Carousel drug storage system
- Documents pharmaceutical activities within automated and paper systems
- Provides resolution or triage service response to telephone and digital messaging inquiries
- Assists with training of new technician employees and students in job specific functions
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior institutional pharmacy setting experience, such as a hospital, nursing home, or long term care facility
- Ability to work in a large team environment
- Initiative to learn new processes and procedures
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Endure standing for long periods of time, up to eight hours
- Ability to walk up to 6 miles per shift
The Department of Pharmacy is a dynamic, integral and critical part of patient care provided by the University of North Carolina Health Care System. Our mission is to provide patient-centered medication management that optimizes outcomes through an alignment of practice, education, research and leadership.
The UNC Department of Pharmacy is an organization of more than 400 people who focus their attention on caring for patients of the UNC Health Care System. We are culturally diverse and have a variety of backgrounds, interests, capabilities and experience.
The Department of Pharmacy has 2 retail pharmacies, a central inpatient pharmacy and several satellite pharmacies to include Pediatrics, Operating Room, Oncology and Investigational Drugs.
The Pharmacy Department has adopted the staff governance model. This model will ensure that staff members are instrumental in the development and implementation of ideas that will directly impact the department’s operations, practice, performance improvement, professional development, and finance.
Progressive Work Environment
· Ranked #50 on Forbes’ list of America’s best employers
· Positive work-life balance with consistent, reliable scheduling
· Opportunities for advancement
· Lean Six Sigma quality improvement training and participation
· Free continuing education courses
· Generous paid time off policy & guaranteed vacations
· Competitive pay & benefits packages
· Tuition waiver & reimbursement programs
HS diploma or equivalent. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy. CPhT from PTCB unless enrolled in pharmacy school. Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-23021-PHARMACY INPATIENT OPERATIONS