MANAGER ACCREDITATION - UNC MEDICAL CENTERApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: MAN002CX
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for accreditation and regulatory compliance preparation activities for UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill. The Accreditation
Manager coordinates multi-disciplinary team participation in Joint Commission, state and federal surveys. The position also provides technical
assistance to stakeholders on matters pertaining to the application of Joint Commission standards, CMS regulations and North Carolina Division of
Health Service Regulation requirements.
1. Accreditation Knowledge- Maintains extensive knowledge of the most current accreditation standards and related state and federal regulations.
2. Investigations- Coordinates investigations and responses to complaints received from The Joint Commission. Participates in root cause analysis review of sentinel events. Assists with development and monitoring of corrective action plans.
3. Regulatory Standards- Provides guidance on the interpretation and application of Joint Commission standards, state and federal regulations for the organization's stakeholders. Prepares policies and educational materials required for accreditation and regulatory compliance.
4. Survey Management - Effectively manages Joint commission, CMS and Division of Health Services Regulation (DHSR) surveys. Prepares and coordinates written responses and follow-up.
5. Survey Readiness and Ongoing Compliance- Ensures organizational readiness and ongoing compliance with standards and regulations across UNC Medical Center. Leads activities designed to monitor and improve compliance with standards, including focused tracers, mock surveys and educational sessions.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: 1000-79052-Risk Management
Shift: Day Job