OUTPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IIApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: PHA006DG
Position: Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Main Hospital / Chapel Hill
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Rotating Shifts from 6:45am to 8:30pm
• Receive written prescriptions or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
• Maintain accurate patient profiles including current and most convenient form of communication during work hours (employee pager and/or phone numbers).
• Assist health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and/or by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist as needed.
• Maintain proper and timely communication with patients during work hours via page or phone call should issues arise that result in a delay of accurate filling and dispensing of a prescription (i.e. prior authorizations) and coordinate with the physician when necessary.
• Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs at least monthly.
• Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, organize work area daily at the end of each shift and participate in a comprehensive monthly cleaning of the pharmacy area.
• Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; and assembling other pharmaceutical therapies with a goal prescription turn over time of 20 minutes.
• Maintain records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
• Generate revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
• Deliver medications to designated patient work areas.
• Participate in daily return-to-stock process of completed prescriptions.
• Assist patients in finding copayment assistance or outside pharmacy triage if necessary.
• Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information as required.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
HS diploma or equivalent. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy. Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy. CPhT from PTCB unless enrolled in pharmacy school. Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-23101-AMB. PHARM CARE NETWORK-COP