PLUMBER - MAINTENANCEApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: MAI001BE
*This position is a full-time position eligible for State of North Carolina benefits.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Install, repair and maintain all facility plumbing lines and equipment, including hot and cold water and drain lines, sinks, commodes and connecting facilities. Install, repair and maintain fire prevention and containment water lines, sprinklers and system connections.
• Install, repair and maintain facility steam and condensate lines, steam traps, pressure reducing valves and flash tanks.
• Install, repair and maintain medical gas systems.
• Select suitable plumbing and plumbing related materials and equipment to match existing systems and facilities, and install, operate and maintain new systems.
• Perform operational tests on plumbing, steam, sprinkler and medical gas systems in accordance with industry standards, building codes and JCAHO requirements and perform tests to meet state and UNC Hospitals operating and maintenance requirements and parameters
• Review construction plans and install facilities, equipment and materials in accordance with plans and to meet state, Life Safety and federal codes.
Requires high school/GED diploma and three (3) years of plumbing experience in the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems to include maintenance, installation and development of steam and condensate systems, medical gas systems, boiler systems and fire pump/sprinkler systems.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States