RN CLINICAL NURSE II - NEUROSURGERY CLINICApply Now Email Job Job ID: NUR00Q10
Spine Center & Neurosurgery Clinic RN
Request 2 years of nursing experience. Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina. Previous experience working in an outpatient setting and knowledge of spine and neurosurgery conditions preferred but not required.
The RN at the UNC Spine Center & Neurosurgery Clinic will assist a multidisciplinary spine team of physicians including Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation to provide clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. The clinic nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in outpatient setting. The successful applicant will be a multi-tasker that has organizational skills, teamwork, pays attention to detail, able to critically think, independent and has excellent patient centered customer service skills. The role may be required to work at our clinic in Hillsborough, NC on occasion.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Evaluation of Care – Identify expected patient outcomes and seek guidance as needed in revision in patient plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation and facilitation of continuity of care for patients including medication refills, obtaining necessary prior authorizations, lab and other external diagnostic results, triage incoming patient calls, and communication of relevant information.
2. Implementation – Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients’ needs.
3. Patient Assessment – Recognizes data from simple to complex situations to determine priorities of care; includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs.
4. Accountability – Ability to resolve patient concerns/issues while achieving goals within a safe timeframe. Participates in development of clinic goals and process improvement initiatives. Effectively communicates with patients and co-workers while being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embrace process improvement.
5. Education – Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends educational programs for learning opportunities of patient population. Assists with patient education relevant to patient including testing, surgical interventions, and injection teaching.
6. Clinical responsibilities - Include, but are not limited to, direct patient care, assessment, monitoring vital signs, multidisciplinary care coordination, use of Ambulatory Epic, phone triage, patient education, and assistance as needed in the clinic setting.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification. One (1) year of nursing experience.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: P-31503-SOM SURG-NEURO
Shift: Day Job