Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery unit, preoperative unit, operating room post-anesthesia care unit, sterile processing department and anesthesia services. Pediatric experience specialty in the perioperative setting, especially OR preferred.
1. Assists perioperative personnel in verifying that appropriate personnel, equipment, and supplies are available. Verifies departmental compliance with organizational policies and procedures and regulatory and accreditation standards. Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to perioperative personnel team members and other team members as appropriate.
2. Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders. Collects and analyzes data related to quality or performance improvement projects that apply to perioperative services.
3. Oversees management of perioperative services operationally and fiscally. Verifies that perioperative personnel provide safe and effective patient-centered care in perioperative services. Assists perioperative personnel in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further improvement.
4. Uses effective conflict resolution techniques. Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care. Evaluates perioperative personnel performance. Interviews for perioperative personnel selection.
5. Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holds personnel accountable for compliance with established standards. Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within perioperative services and the health care institution.
Requires licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Bachelor’s degree and Master's degree in an appropriate discipline with at least one in Nursing. Seven (7) years nursing experience with three (3) years in progressive leadership role required. Evidence of three (3) years in a hospital setting, staffing or leadership in the clinically relevant field.
Certification in NE-BC, NEA-BC or CNOR preferred; must obtain professional certification in administrative or clinical area within one year of hire.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-14048-OPERATING ROOM
Shift: Day Job