The Nursing House Supervisor understands the needs of the organization and supports the mission, values, and management of patient care. They function as the administrative resource and facilitate clinical support to the nursing team. Under the authority of senior nursing leadership and in collaboration with directors and unit managers, this position provides on site management representation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is a rotating position at the medical center that could include 8 and 12 hour shifts working days, evenings or nights with rotations to weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to meet the needs of the team to ensure adequate coverage each shift. This position may be 36 hours a week or 40 hours a week with full benefit package.
Core responsibilities include but not limited to:
• facilitate Carolina Care for all patients and families
• provide service recovery to resolve situations and support staff
• maintain a high level of safety awareness and practice
• function as a point of contact, resource and liaison for sharing essential information related to house-wide issues, concerns and initiatives
• provide decision support to Patient Logistics Center
• activates the emergency operations plan and acts as the incident commander for mass casualties, active shooter, natural disasters, utility outages and other situations related to disaster preparedness.
• responds to all emergency calls to facilitate and offer support as needed.
Requires graduation from a state accredited school of professional nursing, BSN required, two years of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting with five years preferred. Prefer experience in a variety of areas for this expanded role with one year of leadership.
Must be currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Requires healthcare provider BLS certification. Must currently possess or be able to obtain professional certification in specialty, management or leadership within 9 months of employment.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-19139-NURSING STAFFING SYSTEMS