MANAGER HIM - ONSLOW MEMORIAL HOSPITALApply Now Email Job See all Onslow jobs Job ID: HEA009AD
Job DescriptionResponsible for coordination and supervision of Health Information Management personnel and policies. Manage the records in an electronic environment and the coding of medical records in a timely manner.
1. Support the HIM Department in achieving their Studer goals.
2. Manages staff to effectively educate, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their performance.
3. Manages the clinical documentation specialists/program to ensure accurate and complete records.
4. Monitors PEPPER reports and in collaboration with others takes corrective action as needed.
5. Works closely with the medical staff to ensure timely chart completion based on contemporary standards in the industry reflective of an electronic health record.
6. Utilizing performance improvement techniques, actively works to streamline completion of the electronic health record.
7. Manages the release of information function, ensuring compliance with HIPAA and coordination with Risk Management.
8. Collaborates with the Physician Advisor, Case Management, and Patient Accounting to ensure timely resolution of denials. Serves on the Denials Management Committee and helps to identify root causes of denials.
9. Stays current with the Organization’s compliance plan as it relates to coding and ensures follow-up on quarterly audits of coder accuracies.
10. Stays current on the OIG workplan and assists the corporate compliance officer in assuring the Organization’s regulatory compliance. Tracks RAC and MAC activity and coordinates responses. Calls meetings of the RAC Committee as appropriate based on activity levels.
11. Provides oversight for the maintenance and recording of payroll records for area(s) of responsibility.
12. Role model and holds employees accountable for the Code of Conduct.
13. Ensures regulatory and organizational compliance in an ethical workplace.
14. Demonstrates effective time management, ability to manage multiple projects and meets identified deadlines.
15. Promotes trusts and employee engagement through effective and timely communication strategies.
Primary Location: Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Department: ONSL-10000-ONSLOW MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Shift: Day Job