Position: Business Analytics Specialist / 340B Program
Location: Think Place / Morrisville
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Days
This position may involve support of various hospitals and
health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by
Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of
payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The UNC Health 340B Team is seeking a motivated individual to join the team in a 340B Programs Business Analytics Specialist role.
- Works in tandem with 340B team and associated stakeholders to support data related needs ranging from technical liaison to reporting. This includes but is not limited to data file transfer monitoring/optimization for files required for third party split billing software integrity.
- Efficiently and accurately execute all maintenance activities as assigned
- Assist with the development of systems and processes to limit program liabilities and provide proper audits to identify risk and prevent diversion
- Understand the principles of compliant 340B programs and be able to apply compliance knowledge to operational or analytical questions
- Builds strong consultative relationships, establishing value as a key partner for information. Performs as a data insights advisor to the 340B team and associated stakeholders.
- Function as a liaison between 340b project stakeholders, technical third party vendor contacts, ISD and other stakeholders as it relates to data and reporting needs. Synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources to support actionable business decisions.
- Maintain 340b splitting software input integrity and review applicable reports to identify areas for improvement for any files being sent to third party split billing software vendors
- Translates data questions and requirements into actionable formats including but not limited to dashboards, scorecards, and reports. Leads reporting capabilities in support of financial and compliance related projects and initiatives.
- Monitor & execute 340B compliance within workflow processes
- Participate in 340B Quality Assurance training for other UNC Hospital employees as appropriate
- Attention to detail
- Demonstration of 340B Drug Pricing Program components and regulations per the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Detailed understanding of processes within Pharmacy Supply Chain, Ambulatory Pharmacy, Pharmacy Operations, Reimbursement, and Finance
- HIPAA and OSHA Compliance
- Two years of work experience in related field (Business, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, Pharmacy)
- Proficiency in utilization of pertinent computer software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Health Care related background
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with ability to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining, validation and analysis to trend and interpret information. Excellent communication skills and able to interpret and tell the story of the data. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy and must maintain excellent communications with customers especially with regard to data and information request and status. Proven experience distilling, breaking down and communicating complex data and information into insights that drive decisive action for nontechnical audiences. Demonstrated use of Business Objects, Excel, Access and PowerPoint are critical. Candidates must demonstrate all required qualifications.