CREDENTIALED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - REX URGENT CARE OF MORRISVILLEApply Now Email Job Job ID: MED002UR
The UNC Rex Urgent Care of Morrisville will be opening May 20, 2019.
This is a Casual/ Per Diem position.
Location: 1104 Market Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
Training prior to opening will be located at one of our other Urgent Care locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Plans and organizes patient care in clinics. Escorts patient to their destination(s); obtains and records vital signs and medical histories. Prepares patients for exams and procedures.
- Notifies patients of diagnostic test results via phone or in writing as directed by the physician/provider.
- Provides phlebotomy services. Performs tests including, but not limited to: EKGs and basic laboratory tests. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.
Prepares and administers medications following doctor’s orders and clinic policy. Observes patient for adverse reactions and documents appropriately. Authorizes drug refills as directed.
- Reinforces patient education with full consideration of patient safety needs.
- Performs sterilization of medical supplies. Changes sterile, non-sterile dressings, and removes sutures/staples.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains examination rooms, work area and other assigned areas.
- Performs office duties including inventory, and ordering supplies. May perform other clerical duties related to clinical activities.
- Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
Employee Organizational Standards:
COMMUNICATION: Uses appropriate methods to clearly convey information to others in an engaging way, which helps others understand and retain the message.
COLLABORATION: Works with others respectfully and openly; provides help to achieve shared goals.
SERVICE: Anticipates and meets or exceeds all patient/customer needs and pro-actively takes responsibility for ensuring their quality care experiences. All co-workers will be held to standards and behaviors guided by the UNCHCS Service Framework.
SAFETY: Meets or exceeds patient and co-worker safety requirements while promoting and achieving quality outcomes.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership for goals and outcomes; effectively and efficiently uses available resources to successfully complete tasks.
IMPROVEMENT: Identifies opportunities and takes action to continuously improve processes. Maintains effectiveness and flexibility during change.
Previous medical office and/or urgent care experience desired. Completed Medical Assistant program from CAAHEP and ABHES accredited program required. Must have Certification in Medical Assisting and BCLS.
Previous medical office and/or urgent care experience desired.
Completed Medical Assistant program from CAAHEP and ABHES accredited program required. Must have Certification in Medical Assisting and BCLS.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: REXH-27580-REX URGENT CARE OF MORRISVILLE