This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Work with at the Tableau Center of Excellence and lead the Tableau User Group to guide the adoption, optimization, and use of this tool for all developers and analysts. This will be done by setting standards and best practices for data visualization, continually researching new methods, and effective communications to the developer community.
The UX Engineer will be the organization's subject matter expert on how to turn our healthcare and administrative data into highly compelling and easy-to-use solutions for end users throughout the health care system (HCS) with the goal of improving insights. This position will also be the primary data visualization SME for the HCS. This position will be highly collaborative and team based, working with solution management, engineering, IT, business analysts and other teams. Our primary tool for data visualization adoption is Tableau; however, we work closely with IT to develop creative ways to interface information with end users through web and/or application based workflows. Ultimately, you will be creating both functional and insightful solutions and features that elevates our ability to serve North Carolinians healthcare needs more effectively.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with solution managers and engineers. Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and designing an overall user interface model, screens, and elements.
• Use your data visualization expertise and skills on a daily basis in a way that ensures our users can quickly grasp processes, strategy, and insights from our visualizations to help drive meaningful business value from enterprise data assets.
• Frame the problem and ask the right questions to ensure our solutions can solicit action that results in improving our strategic objectives and operations.
• User Interface development. As much as 50% of your effort will be developing and leading the development of effective data visualizations and UI that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a quantitative-related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s degree: Seven (7) years of experience in software and/or analytical development.
● If a Master’s degree: Five (5) years of relevant experience in software and/or analytical development.
● If a Doctorate degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience in software and/or analytical development.
● Prior experience analyzing healthcare-related clinical, financial, and/or administrative data and experience in developing complex reports
utilizing drill down, drill through, and sub reports using business intelligence technologies (e.g., Business Objects, Crystal Reports). High
proficiency in SQL Query programming such as stored procedures, functions, temporary tables, parameterization, complex joins and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong data visualization concepts and techniques. Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities. Highly self-motivated,
self-directed and attentive to detail.Excellent and proven project management skills. Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-79151-ENTERPRISE ANALYTICS
Shift: Day Job