HCS DATA GOVERNANCE ARCHITECT - ENTERPRISE ANALYTICSApply Now Email Job Job ID: INF00322
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
The Data Governance Architect reports directly to the System Director of Enterprise Data Governance and will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop, and implement data governance processes, workflows, standards, and tools. This role is responsible for ensuring that architectural model(s) are in alignment with the business needs of the organization and also anticipates the future needs of the organization in a sustainable and adaptable manner. As a recognized Enterprise Analytics authority, the Data Governance Architect oversees the analysis of the most complex problems and conceptualizes proposals that afford maximum probability of effectiveness in relation to cost or risk.
Description of Job Duties
Data Governance, Data Modeling, Data Integration, and Master Data Management: Responsibilities include: Coordinate with the stakeholders to ensure that data standards and models align with the overall enterprise architecture and applicable standards. Develop a strong working relationship with the appropriate business users and provide business-impact-driven analysis and communicate results to stakeholders. Partner with IT and business leads to implement a governance and communication structure to allow IT and the Business users to work together to design, support and evolve data structures. Develop data architecture and schemas design in support of technical specifications and business requirements. Interpret business needs into data requirements, including such attributes as naming standards, consistent data definitions, data aliases, associated business rules, data sources, retention criteria, derivations, security restrictions, accessibility, reusability, currency, frequency of update, and integration. Coordinate and contribute to the effective operationalization and management of Data Governance tools (similar to Informatica, IBM, Collibra products).
Responsible for coordinating with the Enterprise Analytics Architect and others on the design and support of system-wide Enterprise Analytics models, business intelligence applications and architecture. Understands existing infrastructure in order to develop a model that reduces costs and improves information flow across existing silos and that activities/capabilities are not unnecessarily duplicated across the organization. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user. Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of the Enterprise Analytics tools and systems.
Problem-Solving: Performs very advanced and complex systematic reviews of selected functions to determine application and design of systems or models. Detects inefficiencies or conflicts in systems and processes for data architecture and the data governance model and helps to identify effective improvements. Defines, develops, and collaborates in the creation of new or improvement of existing processes and technology.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborates with customers to gather information, define complex work problems, and designs a system and procedures to resolve problems. Works with senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal departments and external contacts as appropriate. Provides effective direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
Professional Development: Maintains current understanding of relevant healthcare technologies and subject areas. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems. Researches new technology and develops business cases to support system-wide business intelligence solutions.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a quantitative-related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s degree: Ten (10) years of experience as a data architect developing complex logical data models that support business
● If a Master’s degree: Eight (8) years of experience as a data architect developing complex logical data models that support business processes.
● If a Doctorate degree: Six (6) years of experience as a data architect developing complex logical data models that support business processes.
● Prior experience in data integration, database, business intelligence, and analytical technologies, including but not limited to DataStage, Neteeza, Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SAS, and R. Experience applying data security policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
● Expert in data modeling and data integration. Demonstrated capability data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Understands data warehousing design and development best practices. Understands data governance and master data management best practices. Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and staff throughout the organization. Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style. Presents information effectively in one-on-one and small group settings, including executive management. Ability to communicate clearly in writing
to document data requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Experience applying data security policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing to document data requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Extensive experience in creation and maintenance of enterprise-level Data Governance policies, standards, and procedures.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: REXH-79650-UNCHCS Enterprise Analytics
Shift: Day Job