HCS DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - IT END USER SUPPORTApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: INF0033F
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Responsible for working with the rest of the DBA team to provide the planning, coordination, utilization and administration of databases (Oracle, SQL, DB2, etc) and other file organization and access methods for the UNC Health Care system. Ensures appropriate definition, organization, security, integrity, operational efficiency, operational support, scheduling and documentation of the databases. Maintains the structure and contents of critical databases, establishing and enforcing rules, standards and guidelines.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Approves, schedules, plans, and supervises the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
2. Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
3. Modifies existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
4. Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
5. Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database. Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
6. Tests programs or databases, corrects errors and makes necessary modifications.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-71310-IT END USER SUPPORT-127
Shift: Day Job