HCS HELPDESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST - IT SERVICE DESKApply Now Email Job Job ID: INF0033Y
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Primary responsibilities include providing desktop hardware and software support in a MS Windows based environment. Software support includes Windows 7 and Windows 10, MS Office Suite, MS Exchange, Internet Explorer and other business and hospital applications. Hardware support includes a wide range of desktop computer related equipment including Lenovo and Dell PCs, tablets, laptops, HP laser printers, Zebra label printers and other peripherals.
Must be well organized, technically oriented and have strong customer service skills. Ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience in desktop hardware and software support in a fast paced environment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Provides first level support to all callers of the Help Desk. Promptly responds to general customer requests for assistance in installation, maintenance, and training of all products and services provided by ISD. Provides initial technical support and analysis in an effort to resolve problems/concerns and issues. Follows-up with requestors, ensuring customer satisfaction.
2. Follows appropriate procedures to initiate escalation when a known resolution cannot be identified. Routes unresolved issues and requests for assistance to appropriate staff and ensures an appropriate and timely resolution is reached.
3. Ensures the customer is updated on status of incident, for communicating the solution, and is satisfied with solution before closing ticket.
4. Documents all requests, problems, and resolutions.
5. Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies, ordering as needed.
Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
If an Associate's degree: No prior experience required.
If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-71380-IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT-127