HCS RESEARCH & EPIC REPORTING DEVELOPER - IT ANALYTICSApply Now Email Job Job ID: INF0033N
The HCS-IT Data and Interoperability Developer supports all levels of Epic reporting at UNC to include report requests, dashboards, extracts, and security. Evaluates requests and consults other teams to facilitate data and information needs of the health care system. Identifies and recommends solutions for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate. Collaborate with university-side IT teams to resolve issues involving research systems (IRB, CTMS) interfaced to Epic.
- Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as the troubleshooting process. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
- Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
- Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives.
- Partners with billing teams to support system level Integrated Billing office with research issues.
- Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
- Functions as a project coordinator for small scale projects.
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation for supporting assigned applications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required. Appropriate certification may be preferred depending on the specific role.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If Master's degree: One (1) year of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience is highly preferred.
- If Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
- If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience in data, analytics, or interoperability. Health Care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Reporting, Analytics & Data Visualization: SAP Business Objects Crystal, SAP Business Objects WebI, Tableau.
- Epic Cogito, including Epic-Business Objects integration, Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, SlicerDicer.
- Data Infrastructure, Integration, Mgmt & Architecture: Epic Clarity, Epic Caboodle, SAP Business Objects HANA, SAP Business Objects Universe Design.
- Programming: SQL
- Software development methodology: Agile, SDLC lifecycle
- Project Management: MS Project, Jira, MS Office Suite
- Health Care Regulatory Reporting: CMS, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other government regulatory reporting, Interoperability Reporting regulated by State and Federal governments
- Customer service excellence and end-user training and support
- Highly responsive to internal and external customers
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: SHRD-71210-IT ANALYTICS
Shift: Day Job