HCS SYSTEMS ENGINEER SENIOR - IT NETWORK SERVICESApply Now Email Job Job ID: INF0034Z
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
- Responsible for entity support for Windows OS upgrades and Windows best practices.
- Makes recommendations to management and IT project teams related to any new identified system enhancements. Communicates proactively and regularly with management regarding project updates.
- Monitors system progress during testing and initial production rollout. Gathers, collects, and analyzes data using a variety of tools, develops system interfaces, assesses existing system integration functionality and troubleshooting. Recommend technical improvements if needed. Works effectively with co-workers and vendors to isolate and resolve system problems. Monitors server backups daily for trends, missed files/directories, or any discrepancies.
- Performs end to end testing of system tools and performance to track high level issues and recommends changes to requirements and procedures. Provides advanced level support in identifying improvements to all of enterprise-wide systems performance and installations.
- Works directly with the Systems Engineers to develop and modify complex monitoring and utilizing labor-savings to optimize system health-checking, security monitoring, disaster recovery response, and Data Center procedures/processes. Performs and analyzes a variety of testing scripts (including comments regarding purpose, change history, etc.) and modifies as required.
- Assist Technical Architecture with Active Directory consolidations.
- Assist Storage Architecture with file system consolidations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of direct experience.
If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of direct experience.
If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of direct experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
4+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, group policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
4+ years of experience with server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating system upgrades and migrations, and strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software.
4+ years of experience with IP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet networks
4+ years of experience with Windows file system consolidation
Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification, VMware
Experience with Windows 2012/2016
Experience AD domain migrations/consolidations
Experience working with Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
Experience with PowerShell/scripting
Experience with file system consolidation
Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail
Ability and desire to learn and support a variety of systems quickly
Advanced troubleshooting skills
Ability to work varying hours and shifts including holidays, weekends and on-call 24 hours/day shifts.
Effectively communicate issues and resolutions per organization policy and practices
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: SHRD-71350-NETWORK SERVICES
Shift: Day Job