HQI DATA ANALYST - HOSPITAL QUALITY AND INNOVATIONApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: OTH01NLW
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The HQI Data Analyst is responsible for providing analytic support to performance improvement, leadership, clinical and operational staff across the Health Care System who are involved in quality and patient safety improvement projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide consultation related to data collection, management, analysis and reporting
• Collaborate with end users to understand and define their data needs. Develop appropriate technical specifications and data management plans to satisfy these requirements.
• Provide consultative and analytical support including design, implementation, coordination, and data querying to support improvement work. Helps develop performance metrics and supports existing dashboards.
• Design and produce high-quality analytic products for the appropriate audience. Understand how to visualize the data in a way that communicates existing trends and patterns. Guides information discovery.
• Provide education on report creation and data visualization using internal and external data sources
• Communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including executives, clinical staff, other analytics departments, and end users.
• Maintain strong attention to details and prioritize workload while meeting deliverables and expectations.
This position is part of the UNC Health Care System's Hospital Quality and Innovation Department . This team leads system-wide improvement projects driven by the organization’s quality goals, working collaboratively with clinical and operational leaders and staff across the health care system. The Data Analyst should be a self-starter, be able to work independently and collaboratively in a complex environment, and demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Occasional travel to UNC Health Care System hospitals is expected.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: SSU-74040-HOSPITAL QUALITY & INNOVATION
Shift: Day Job