OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSEApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: CLI00C7C
Job DescriptionOversees daily clinical, clerical, & administrative Occupational Health Services (OHS) functions while ensuring institutional & departmental compliance with applicable professional, regulatory, & governmental standard. Demonstrates clinical nursing expertise and professional competency through the planning, implementation, and management of programs that support the health, safety and well-being of clients. Actively participates in the attainment of the Organization’s strategic plan, goals and objectives
• Creates and analyzes department activity reports.
• Prepares and maintains accountability for the annual departmental budget and monitors budget variances on a monthly basis.
• Reviews and participates in the case management of work place illnesses / injuries with the goal of ensuring that the employee successfully returns to work as soon as possible without reoccurring absences. Facilitates follow-up with the employee and department manager to ensure effective communication.
• Develops and implements employee educational programs regarding all aspects of Employee Health Services.
• Coordinates the orientation of new employees to Employee Health Services.
• Coordinates the use of the Employee Health computer database. Acts as liaison with other information systems used in Employee Health Services.
• Functions as Employee Health Nurse on a continuing basis within Employee Health Services. Duties include health assessment of new employees, administration of vaccines, health screenings, providing health care consultations, development and conducting educational programs, and follow-up of blood exposures.
• Responsible for data regarding exposure and injury management.
• Facilitates staff involvement in quality improvement activities based on research evidence.
• Oversees the processing and management of Family Medical Leave and Leave of Absence Policies.
3 years of hands-on clinical nursing experience.
Epidemiology/infection control, toxicology, industrial and environmental hygiene also preferred.
Experience with safety and risk management issues to include Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, Workers' Comp, ADA and FMLA desirable.
Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN1-74501-EMPLOYEE HLTH & WELLBEING CL
Shift: Day Job