RN HH COORDINATOR - HOSPICEApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: HOM000OX
Provides patient care coordination for home health patients. Educates physicians and staff and facilitates continuity of care of patients from hospital to home. Participates on interdisciplinary team and collaborates with physicians and staff to establish and implement home care needs. Coordinates referrals from skilled nursing facilities or other locations.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Communicates all appropriate patient information and coordinates staff availability directly with the home health intake department.
2. Communicates home health staffing availability to referral sources and staff
3. Coordinates with the patient, patient's family, referring physician, clinical care management representative, and hospital staff to determine the appropriateness of all home care referrals
4. Educates referral sources and other hospital staff in relation to home health services and regulatory requirements
5. Gathers all the necessary demographic and medical information, as well as all requested treatment and services in order to develop a detailed and comprehensive home health care referral and plan
Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Two (2) years of home health, public health or other health related experience.
Primary Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-25801-HOSPICE SERVICES
Shift: Day Job