HCS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CONSUMER INSIGHTS & MARKET RESEARCH - COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETINGApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: COM00000
This position will lead voice of the consumer research team – capturing primary and secondary consumer research & trends. Leverages both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and manages a range of digital data capture channels. Collaborates and partners with cross-functional leaders and teams to deliver data that drives business and brand strategies and communicates perspectives that differentiate UNC Health as a national consumerism thought leader.
surveys and other feedback channels. Translates feedback into actionable insights that help drive, develop or refine UNC Health’s business/brand & marketing strategies. Directs the development of key "voice of consumer" and market position dashboard information and its relevancy to UNC Health’s business/brand & marketing strategies. Ensures the compilation and delivery of metrics for brand perception, share of voice and overall growth and retention, and communicates to leaders on a regularly defined basis. Oversees the
product development/testing process for new products and services, including new service offerings, new sites or joint venture activities. Directs the department planning and budgeting process; ensuring all planning and budgeting activities are aligned. Oversees platforms, tools and vendors associated with consumer insights data capture, management and reporting. Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new co-workers, staff development, performance evaluations, and overall team culture. Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
Ten (10) years of related experience, with at least seven (7) years of management experience in Marketing.
- Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
- Experience in marketing research and marketing planning, quantitative and qualitative marketing research techniques, product development including research, testing, evaluation and launch, and annual marketing program planning and budgeting.
- Strong knowledge of design thinking principles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data into meaningful insights that provide decision support for product development, service enhancements or business strategy.
- Excellent project management skills, demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish, and working effectively across internal functional teams and external vendor relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, management, executives, providers, and board.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), or similar products. Also proficient in tools such as, SPSS, Decipher, Vision Critical and Tableau as well as other insights-gathering platforms.
- Ability to work and function in a complex corporate system environment and a demonstrated understanding of health care dynamics.
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Shift: Day Job