HCS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR MARKETING TECHNOLOGY - COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETINGApply Now Email Job Current employees click here Job ID: COM00001
This position will lead strategy and voice of the marketing technology team. Leads a team that manages a variety of web properties, mobile applications, SEO and SEM initiatives and CRM. Collaborates and partners with cross-functional leaders and teams to transform the end user’s digital experience with UNC Health. Communicates perspectives that differentiate UNC Health as a national digital marketing thought leader.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Marketing Technology - Provides leadership and accountability for UNC Health Care’s online presence and digital engagement initiatives. Develops and implements an annual marketing technology plan and budget that supports UNC Health’s long-term consumerism strategies. Responsible for both long-term strategic planning and the day-to-day operations of UNC Health’s many web sites, SEO and SEM initiatives, and customer relationship management program. Translates digital analytics into actionable insights that help drive, develop or refine UNC Health’s business/brand & marketing strategies. Directs the development of key digital engagement dashboard information related to the organizations KPIs and its relevancy to UNC Health’s business/brand & marketing strategies. Ensures the compilation and delivery of metrics for customer engagement, conversion, and ROI, and communicates to leaders on a regularly defined basis. Directs the department planning and budgeting process; ensuring all planning and budgeting activities are aligned. Oversees platforms, tools and relationships with vendors. Performs human resources responsibilities for staff, which include interviewing and selection of new co-workers, staff development, performance evaluations, and overall team culture. Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement
by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
Ten (10) years of related experience, with at least seven (7) years of management experience in Marketing.
- Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
- Experience with a variety of marketing technology programs and initiatives, including but not limited to website content management systems, mobile apps, CRM, Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Strong knowledge of website content strategy, email marketing principles, SEM/SEO principles, and digital marketing trends.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data into meaningful insights that provide decision support for product development, service enhancements or business strategy.
- Excellent project management skills, demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish, and working effectively across internal functional teams and external vendor relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, management, executives, providers, and board.
- Ability to work and function in a complex corporate system environment and a demonstrated understanding of health care dynamics.
- Strong ability to work as a team and collaborate with colleagues across the organization and within the department.
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Shift: Day Job