HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT PROCESS ENGINEER - REX PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTApply Now Email Job Job ID: PRO0023G
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of industrial engineering and the ability to apply them successfully in the healthcare environment. Experience in discrete event simulation and simulation package (e.g. Arena, FlexSim, Anylogic, etc.) as well as an analytical programming language like SAS, Python or R. Strong advanced MS Excel skills with automated tasks using Visual Basic. Knowledge of statistics and the appropriate application of the tools of this field. Understanding of project management, reengineering, work measurement, standards development, process/work design, task analysis, methods/systems analysis, operations improvement, sampling plans, capacity analysis, inventory planning and control, forecasting, scheduling, space utilization and facilities design. Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines; to work independently to complete projects as well as coordinate and effectively interact with coworkers and others involved with a project. Ability to clearly express technical ideas in both written and oral forms for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
Provides data analysis and/or disrcete event simulation to improve the efficiency and efficacy of clinical operations by identifying bottlenecks and building models to manage capacity and enhance capabilities to accommodate volume and variation. Leads improvement projects by working directly with clinical and non-clinical areas to understand current operating procedures, develops recommendations/solutions for improvement, facilitates the implementation of those solutions, and leverages data to monitor progress and support sustainability. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Builds strong relationships with project manager. Establishes rapport with project team members, stakeholders and frontline staff. Collects data from clinical database universes via Business Objects or Tableau. Analyzes data to validate and prioritize project choices to achieve patient throughput and resource utilization goals.
2. Demonstrates time management and organization in the building of discrete event simulation models and/or performance improvement projects. Collaborates with peers and supervisors to validate technical assumptions. Prepares operational and clinical assumptions for validation by steering committee or project team.
3. Develops documents to communicate results for technical and nontechnical audiences. Designs pilot for utilizing/testing model in healthcare setting; recommends roll-out process.
4. Leverages non-healthcare solutions to solve problems in healthcare. Leverages results to create related models or spread improvements to other areas. Seeks opportunities to apply models or projects in similar settings.
5. Considers and presents unconventional alternatives; innovates.
Graduation from 4-year college/university with a bachelor of science degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering in Healthcare, or closely related field.
Prefer candidates with the following experience:
Candidates with experience in surgical services operations and data systems preferred
Candidates with a background in business systems, such as supply chain and/or finance
Candidates with project management experience with multi-disciplinary teams.
Candidates with a demonstrated knowledge of lean six sigma
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Department: REXH-29570-Rex Performance Improvement
Shift: Day Job