MANAGER PHARMACY - INPATIENT CLINICALApply Now Email Job Job ID: PHA006LG
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Position: Manager, Pharmacy
Location: Rex Hospital / Raleigh
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Days
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Assist in developing short- and long-term goals for the department, and analyzes department activities in order to ascertain the extent to which the goals are being met.
- Works with Director of Pharmacy Services to establish and update policies and procedures relating to patient care which are consistent with professional standards and legal/regulatory requirements. Communicates policies and procedures to employees. Provides operational and technical assistance in implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Establishes schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower to ensure compliance with departmental commitments.
- Assists with determining fiscal requirements of the department and preparing budgetary recommendations. Also, assists with preparation and review of payroll reports.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of designated departmental staff. Recommends various personnel actions including hiring, terminations, merit increases and promotions.
- Assumes duties of acting administrator in the absence of Director of Pharmacy.
- Assists in training of new employees; monitors proficiency and reports as directed.
- Reviews and interprets orders and prescriptions written by Physicians or other authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and appropriateness including contraindications and all drug interactions.
- Compounds and oversees the preparation of medications including sterile products using standard formulas, processes and procedures.
- Directs and instructs support personnel engaged in dispensing and computer entry, of patient data and controlled substances.
- Provides information and consults with patients and other healthcare professionals on pharmaceutical products, devices and procedures.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security and accountability of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters relevant patient data, prescribed medications and appropriate drug intervention onto patient profiles.
- Inspects or directs inspections of all areas of the institution maintaining drug inventories to insure that JCAHO standards regarding the proper storage and use of medications are being followed.
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy. Three (3) years' Pharmacist experience or equivalent required. Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy. Three (3) years' Pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Department: REXH-23025-Inpatient Pharmacy
Shift: Day Job