The Clinic Manager II is responsible for all budget, purchasing, personnel, compliance and facilities planning and administrative functions at the clinical practice level. Incumbents directly or indirectly supervise the non-medical employees in the assigned clinic, and share in the supervision of the nursing staff.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Compliance: Ensures program(s) are prepared for inspections and site visits, ensures that accreditation and compliance are maintained. Ensures corrective action is taken when deficiencies are found.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement: Conducts ongoing evaluation program evaluation to ensure outcomes (fiscal, strategic and service) are met. Analyzes processes and develops educational programs or modifies practice to improve processes and service
3. Facility Management: Ensures proper maintenance and improvements to facilities, ensures safety and cleanliness standards are met. Negotiates and manages leases.
4. Fiscal: Develops budgets, monitors expenses and analyzes monthly budget indicators. Controls overhead and maximizes revenue generation. May evaluate billing, coding, or other related processes.
5. Personnel Management: Recruits, hires, trains and supervises/manages non-medical personnel such as technical, secretarial and nursing staff. Handles corrective actions. May supervise clinic research staff.
6. Planning: In collaboration with nursing and medical leadership, develops and plans comprehensive programs and develops strategic plans. Plans for maximum utilization of resources, e.g., space, providers, personnel and equipment. Conducts needs assessments.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree plus two years experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an physician office or outpatient setting. Supervisory experience required.
If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting plus two (2) years of supervisory experience.
If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting plus two (2) years of supervisory experience.
If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting plus two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Department: UPN1-60900-UNC INTERNAL MED AT BRIER CRK
Shift: Day Job