Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 28535
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System VP of Supply Chain oversees system-wide strategic planning and development for supply chain functions. Coordinates all supply chain activities, to include purchasing, materials and logistics across the UNC Health Care System, driving a single solution. Ensures technology is appropriately applied to each stage of the supply chain process to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Provide business operations, fiscal and personnel management responsibility for designated supply chain areas across the UNC Health Care System. The System VP of Supply Chain interacts with executive and senior leadership, department directors, managers, outside business customers, and internal customers. This position reports to the Deputy Chief Business Integration Officer.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Directs monitoring and reporting of quality and productivity metrics and taking appropriate actions.
2. Directs the safeguarding of warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
3. Establish System capital purchase protocols.
4. Meets with Senior Management across the system to establish and implement a Supply Chain Strategic Plan.
5. Oversees the activities of individual hospital Value Analysis Committees and directs and leads them as appropriate in accordance with established System product standardization practices and policies.
6. Plans, coordinates and administers the financial, administrative and technical operations of purchasing and materials management and exercises budget approval for supply chain expenditures.
7. Provides System-wide direction for purchasing/materials/distribution functions, in the areas of contracting, procurement, inventory management, supply distribution, quality assurance, warehouse functions, value improvement and bed management services.
8. Responsible for ensuring maximum value from the System's GPO's across all System entities.
9. Responsible for the implementation of a centralized System Warehouse logistics and billing system for the appropriate delivery of supplies from the UNC Health Shared Services Center to system sites.
10. Responsible for the System-wide implementation and maintenance the Materials Management Information System, in conjunction with the Information Systems Division of UNC Health.
11. Evaluate and recommend appropriate organizational structure for the Shared Service Center.
Requires Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Requires 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience. Holds a deep understanding of a clinical business function (e.g. Legal, Communications/Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, etc.). Experience in a large hospital system with multiple entities preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Understands the overarching System operations and policies that guide the organization. Drives and develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future. Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately. Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing high priority System or business group initiatives in a complex environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Materials Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.