Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 31415
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct pastoral care to patients, families and staff manage pastoral care in various clinical areas.
Shift is weekends, 12hr a day on call shifts.
1. Provides pastoral care and support to patients, family members, and staff during assigned on-call shifts with full consideration of patientsafety needs.
2. Participates in the ministry of the department through the overnight on-call schedule, responding pastorally and timely to all situationsrequiring pastoral care and support. This may include, but is not limited to deaths, codes, follow-up visits, referrals, and consults, andthrough leading worship services as required.
3. Responds to all pages, referrals, and EPIC consults during assigned shift, including all traumas, deaths, and codes.
4. Leaves referrals for other chaplain staff members for ongoing issues as necessary.
5. Documents all pastoral care encounters in EPIC and the departmental log.
6. Completes all administrative tasks such as LMS modules and Employee Health requirements by the deadline.
7. Must work at least one on-call shift per quarter.
● Prefer candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing Masters’ degree (MDiv) or equivalent.
● Ordination and ecclesiastical endorsement from denomination/faith group preferred but not required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Completion of a minimum of one unit of ACPE CPE.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pastoral Care
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.80
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.