Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27594
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC REX Emergency Department includes 40 beds and a dedicated 8 bed behavioral health zone with private rooms. We have 2 major resuscitation rooms, triage rooms for initial assessment, in department radiology suite and a decontamination room. Our ED team cares for patients in all life threatening situations, less-critical injuries requiring minor treatment, acute and behavioral health diagnoses. Patients with heart conditions receive excellent care in the REX ED Chest Pain Center, home of the Triangle's first accredited chest pain center. Stroke care is provided to patients by our Joint Commission certified Advanced Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center. The REX ED Leadership team is focused on team work and positive co-worker recognition for staff in our fast-paced work environment.
Summary:Assists with patient care, patient safety, and responds to patient needs in the Emergency Room.
1. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rates every 2 hours or as directed.
2. Records intake and outputs as directed.
3. Performs urinary catherization or in and out foley procedure and documents accordingly.
4. Sets up area for sterile procedure and documents accordingly.
5. Performs minor orthopedic splinting under the direction of the physician assistant.
6. Documents any skin breakdowns noted and notifies RN.
7. Removes any IV catheter and documents accordingly.
8. Transcribes, documents, and transmits physician orders and any other pertinent information.
9. Able to work in all three areas of department - triage, minor treatment and acute. Follows guidelines per departmental policy in each of these areas.
● High School Diploma or GED.
● Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). BCLS certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Emergency Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.