Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30741
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Position is responsible for receiving products and stock management.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, objectives and financial guidelines.
3. Leads and participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
4. Provides input to Director on decision-making, problem solving, financial and operational issues related to area activities.
5. Provides work coordination, scheduling of employees, monitors overtime and reports to Director.
6. Acts as liaison between team members, management, and other teams.
7. Provides input for workplan and participates in the execution of workplan(s) for assigned area.
8. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to ensure optimal efficiency throughout the area.
9. Effectively facilitates and leads team activities and provides feedback to Director regarding team members' performance.
10. Maintains inventory management reports and develops new reports as needed.
11. Records consumption rate and characteristics of items in storage to determine par levels in the Storeroom, and works with Clinical Managers to determine par levels for clinical carts.
12. Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders.
13. Issues stock through perpetual system requested via electronic requisitioning from customer departments.
14. Conducts and reconciles inventory cycle counts. Participates in quarterly and year-end physical inventory counts and provides accurate bin locations.
15. Transmits Central Supply orders to Purchasing. Balances stock issued, stock received, and adjustments against physical inventory.
● Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With an Associate's degree, one year related experience and/or training.
● With a high school diploma, five (5) yeas of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Distribution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.