Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 29977
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Rehabilitation Service Line is accepting applications for a full-time, 32 hour per week Physical Therapist I in an outpatient clinic with required experience in adult neurological rehabilitation including, but not limited to the the following diagnoses: Vestibular Disorders/BPPV, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Balance/Gait disorders, Spinal Cord Injury, Muscular Dystrophy, Pulmonary disorders, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease. Physical therapy services available to our adult caseloads include aquatic therapy, wheelchair and equipment evaluations, dynamic body-weight support system, and functional electrical stimulation.
At least two years of experience is preferred, as well as experience and/or interest in these diagnoses and services. This candidate will work closely with an experienced group of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists as part of our Outpatient team, as well as with other providers in interdisciplinary clinics. Excellent time management, communication, flexibility, and organizational skills are required in this fast-paced environment. Good leadership skills are needed to coordinate patient care coverage with other disciplines within the UNC Healthcare System and academic institutions across the state to provide clinical instruction to students within the clinic.
Position may include opportunities to teach, lecture, and provide in-services to staff and students, as well as community outreach. The selected candidate will work Wednesday-Saturday.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Physical Therapy for the treatment of mobility disorders and related impairments
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Physical Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with mobility related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Physical Therapy - CRC
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 32.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.