Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30930
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as primary assistant to Nursing Administration supporting the Chief Nursing Officer, Vice President & Associate Chief Nursing Officer and the Associate Vice President & Associate Chief Nursing Officer. Anticipates needs related to schedules and activities and provides administrative support to fulfill perceived needs.
1. Serves as primary assistant to Nursing Administration supporting the Chief Nursing Officer, Vice President & Associate Chief Nursing Officer, and the Associate Vice President & Associate Chief Nursing Officer. Anticipates needs related to schedules and activities and provides administrative and or clerical support to fulfill perceived needs.
2. Communicates, follows up and acts as a liaison with department directors regarding project and report data due to Vice President. Ensures agenda, power point and documents for discussion are distributed in advance to meeting attendees. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
3. Screens telephone calls, visitors and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. Opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed.
4. Schedules calendar commitments for directors and executives. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials. Schedules high-level executives.
5. May occasionally assist VPs with directors' budget.
6. Organizes supervisor’s files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four years of high level administrative/office management experience; preferably in support of a vice-president or president of an organization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, Power Point, communication and computer skills, time management, technical skills, calendar management, and meeting planning
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Director's Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.