Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 26906
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees day-to-day activities of ensuring individuals with disabilities and those with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) have an equal opportunity to access and benefit from UNC Health services, programs and activities. This role will implement compliance activities related to:
1. Accommodations Program: Ensures UNC Health patients are provided reasonable accommodations based upon their disability and language needs. Coordinates these efforts with various teammates and department leadership across UNC Health. Works closely with ISD, Marketing and Communications, Facilities, Patient Relations, Patient Experience and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Offices. Responsible for conducting investigations of alleged ADA complaints. Provides recommendations for instances of non-compliance to appropriate leadership.
2. Communication and Relationships: Works with teammates to problem solve, advise, identify and implement opportunities for improvement to ensure compliance with ADA/1557 and Executive Order 13166 LEP regulations. Leads teams and other work groups as necessary to accomplish program goals and objectives.
3. Training and Education: Collaborates with Audit, Compliance and Privacy Services’ Regulatory Research Compliance teammates in the development of LMS modules, internet and intranet resources, job aids, tipsheets, training materials, Lunch and Learn and other special training sessions, and other resources as needed. Provides education to clinic and hospital teammates across UNC Health as appropriate.
4. Program Administration: Plan, coordinate, prioritize and administer activities of an Accommodations and Language Access Program to include developing, implementing, and administering related procedures, processes, services and systems. Maintain a working knowledge of regulations and policies regarding persons with disabilities. Develop tracking, monitoring and reporting of Accommodation Program activities.
5. Strategic Planning: Interface with all UNC Health entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
● Bachelor's degree.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of healthcare experience or 3 years working in ADA compliance/accommodations, Language Access or Interpretation and Translation programs. Program or project management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Work requires strong communication, customer service and organizational skills. Need to be able to plan, coordinate and implement program objectives working with multiple departments and entities. Expertise in and understanding of Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as well as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) or Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 13166 strongly preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Divers Equity and Inclusion
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.