Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 29513
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Food Services Manager I is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, controlling and directing cafeteria and catering services successfully and independently.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Budgetary prepares, monitors and revises operational expense, capital equipment, travel and revenue budgets. Prepares financial reports to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources and ensure the profitability of the food service production activities. Reviews ands revises financial budgets.
2. Ensures compliance with policies and regulations visits all areas of the cafeteria to determine compliance with policies and ensure customer satisfaction, discusses concerns, alternative methods and procedures and compliance issues with subordinate managers, supervisors and staff. Inspects and documents sanitation conditions.
3. Operations directs the cafeteria staff during operating hours to ensure that the highest degree of service and products are available for customer satisfaction, tests and evaluates foods, prepares statistical and narrative reports, prepares four week cycle menu plan, prepares specialty and theme menu plans, attends workshops, seminars, food shows and equipment exhibits to increase the proficiency of the operations, drafts correspondence pertaining to customer service, vendor products and capital equipment requirements.
4. Planning provides direction to all cafeteria employees in a timely manner to ensure their safety and the financial success of the cafeteria, develops, organizes, establishes, coordinates, implements and evaluates departmental programs and controls to achieve the food and nutrition goals set forth by the Hospital's administration.
5. Staff supervision adjusts and approves employee work schedules, completes and evaluates transactional reports, conducts employee counseling, conducts in-service training. Approves personnel actions including hiring, promoting, demoting, leaves and termination.
Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
No licensure or certification required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of experience in food service management, including supervisory experience with computerized food management systems and/or large scale food management operations. If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience in food service management, including supervisory experience with computerized food management systems and/or large scale food management operations. If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of experience in food service management, including supervisory experience with computerized food management systems and/or large scale food management operations.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Production Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.