Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 32503
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Make a positive impact and change lives when you work at Wayne UNC, one of Wayne County’s top employers. Become part of a team working to improve the health and wellness of our community and we’ll help support you.
The Vice President, Human Resources position reports to President & CEO of Wayne UNC Health and serves in a leadership role within the organization. The Vice President, Human Resources partners with Senior Leadership and other leaders in the organization to develop and implement HR strategies that support business objectives designed to enhance organization effectiveness. This position collaborates with hospital leadership, UNC Health System Human Resources and various others to deliver a breadth of services to include talent acquisition, total rewards, new employee orientation, learning and development, succession planning, employee relations, recognition, compensation and benefits, and retention.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement comprehensive short-and long-term HR plans, strategies, and policies that effectively support and drive Wayne UNC Health’s mission, vision, values, goals, and key metrics. Translate strategic business goals into robust human resource strategies and tactics to reinforce an exceptional employee experience.
• Lead diversity and inclusion initiatives necessary to ensure the organization delivers on its differentiated people strategies in support of the overall business strategy and to create a culture of belonging for all. Create and implement the overarching strategy for DEI; provide leadership to the diversity and inclusion efforts and ensures the overall strategy is implemented.
• Oversee development and implementation of HR policies and reviews and coordinate HR monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting. Ensures leadership has the required information regarding workforce activity, career development and performance, etc.; provide key department management with regular reports to enable them to better manage their areas of responsibility.
• Define the skill sets required to build a future workforce and prepare for talent gaps using HR analytics/insights. Lead the design and development of succession planning, leadership development and learning and development initiatives to support the commitment to high performance culture; diversity, equity, and inclusion; competency development; leadership; and continuous learning and engagement.
• Develop a compelling employment brand and recruitment process for attracting, hiring, and retaining the best talent. Create a talent review process that engages all managers in assessing and developing talent.
• Manage and update the performance enablement and management program to emphasizes performance, collaboration, and integrity; develop approaches to empower employees to manage their own development and career paths.
• Create/update a competitive, structured compensation plan that attracts, motivates, and retains talented staff based on an assessment of current market conditions. Ensure immediate and long-term compensation plans are aligned with the strategic plan of the organization and tied to individual performance.
• Develop an annual HR budget and manage the administration of budgeted funds within approved guidelines. Oversee all aspects of function. Create, maintain, and update HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are adequately communicated to all staff members. Ensure compliance with all applicable employment, pay, and labor regulations.
• Responsible for overall compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, standards, and adherence of safe work practices. Responsible for detection and reporting of non-compliance.
• Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and organizational policies regarding privacy, confidentiality and security of health information and other designated information
Master's degree in an appropriate discipline.
SPHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Ten (10) years of experience in Human Resources, with at least seven (7) years experience as a HR Business Partner or an equivalent role. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: Wayne UNC Health Care
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Goldsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.