Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30198
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Pharmacy for Pharmacy Investigational Drug Services and Pharmacy Supply Chain will develop, oversee and maintain high-quality, cost-effective pharmacy programs. The Director of Pharmacy will exercise management responsibility in order to meet the needs of customers, patients, physicians, staff, and stakeholders in a manner consistent with UNC Health Care's values and mission statement. Key areas of responsibility are not limited to, but will include: Pharmacy Investigational Drug Services and Pharmacy Supply Chain. The Director of Pharmacy will report to the Executive Director of Integrated Pharmacy Operations.
1. Scope of Pharmacy Practice - Responsible for directing pharmacy operations, strategies, policies and procedures, budget process, project implementations, human resource management and committee representation in their areas of responsibility. The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for ensuring compliance and other regulatory standards; implementing and monitoring financial controls to ensure effective utilization of resources through budgeting and analysis of management reports; development of staff and services; as well as organizational performance improvement, quality management, evidence based outcome; and setting the communication tone, values and culture of the health system. Collaborates with clinical leadership to develop drug use initiatives and ensure appropriate use of pharmaceuticals. The Director of Pharmacy will be responsible for the execution and consistent implementation of drug use initiatives and pharmacy care management initiatives. Collaborates with Patient Safety Leadership to develop quality initiatives, processes and tools. The position is be responsible for the execution and consistent implementation of quality initiatives across all pharmacy practice settings. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring enforcement of all applicable policies, standards and regulations related to Medication Safety, Medication Management and AR&L (Accreditation, Regulatory and Licensing). Collaborates with pharmacy informatics personnel to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of technology systems and to contribute to the development of technology innovation.
2. Leading Self & Others - Builds and maintains relationships that are anchored in trust and shared decision making. Leads self and others to grow.
3. Leading Quality & Service - Continuously ensures exceptional quality and service for all.
4. Leading Business Strategy - Uses business strategy and organizational knowledge to achieve business results and pursue the vision.
5. Leading for Accountability & Results - Leads self and others to take ownership for goals and outcomes; effectively and efficiently uses available resources.
6. Leading Improvement - Leads continuous improvement by using innovation, creative problem solving and proven change management principles.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required. Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Health Services, Business Administration, or related field is strongly preferred.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven years of pharmacist experience or equivalent, of which four years must be of pharmacy supervisory experience; proven management skills, including program planning and development, project management, finance, performance, quality and/or human resource management. PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership (HSPAL) residency will count as relevant supervisory experience for Pharmacy leadership positions
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements: Health-system experience in pharmacy supply chain and/or investigational drug services is strongly preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Pharmacy Supply Chain
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.