Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 31920
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Represents case management services on organization, division, service line, and departmental committees; contributes to qality assurance program for case management services; collaborates with case managers, and participates in all performance improvement activities to ensure patient safety.
1. Represents case management services on organization, division, service line, and departmental committees.
2. Contributes to the departmental quality assurance program for case management services: May be asked to perform focused reviews, monitors, or tracks trends to identify opportunities to improve utilization management, care coordination, discharge planning, clinical documentation, revenue cycle management, and social work services.
3. Develops a collaborative practice with the Case Managers and other co-workers that fosters departmental teamwork.
4. Works in partnership with the Attending Physicians and Physician Advisor(s) on case management initiatives.
5. Actively participates in departmental and organizational performance improvement (PI) initiatives to meet or exceed goals and outcomes and ensure patient safety.
6. Performs timely and thorough the initial utilization review for patient admitted in ED and hospitalized patients to ensure an appropriate level of care is assigned.
7. Performs a timely initial Case Management screening for patients admitted in ED and hospitalized patients and assigns the patient to an appropriate primary discharge planner.
8. Reviews and reconciles daily room and bed charges, tracking variance trends, and promptly reporting concerns to management.
9. Performs timely review of any reported clinical denials and accounts with payment discrepancy, advising Patient Financial Services on the appropriate action, tracking trends, and promptly reporting concern to management.
10. Audits the Failed Bill report daily and follows up with others to ensure the authorization is promptly obtained and delays trends are tracked for reporting purposes.
● Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required or completion of an accredited graduate level advanced practice provider (APRN or PA) program.
Professional Experience Requirements:● A minimum of five years utilization review and/or case management or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in healthcare or business field and certification preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Case Management Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.