Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 30843
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Inventories and replenishes supply rooms, maintaining par levels consistent with patient care needs throughout the facility; distributes supplies, prepares shipments, and coordinates staff activities.
1. Inventories and replenishes supply rooms, maintaining par levels consistent with patient care needs throughout the facility. Insuring that appropriate paperwork for inventory exists.
2. Responds to requests via phone or walk-ins.
3. Prepares shipments for vendor return and outbound shipments, with appropriate paperwork.
4. Conveys materials from storeroom to designated areas. Distributes supplies and patient care equipment to designated departments; insuring that appropriate paperwork exists.
5. Stocks inventory with daily shipments, insuring that appropriate paperwork exists for inventory additions. Maintains storeroom in a neat and organized manner.
6. Coordinates training of new employees and cross training of existing employees.
7. Fosters teamwork and good customer relations by supporting the goals set for the department.
8. Coordinates the activities of staff assisting in ordering and stocking; as well as monitors overall central supply process; provides input to the Manager.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Distribution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.