Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 31818
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides care of patients by optimizing medication use and drug distribution services. Compounds and dispenses medications using prescriptions authorized by a physician. Instructs patients on medications including drug interaction. Reviews patient medication history for allergies and drug interactions.
This position will also rotate to four offsite infusion center locations as needed for training and coverage.
1. Receives prescriptions, interprets prescriptions, and reviews the patient's medication profile /history. Clarifies incomplete, inaccurate, or contraindicated prescriptions with the prescriber, nurse, or other health professional, as appropriate. Identifies and intervenes on problems related to the medication needs of the patient.
2. Utilizes and analyzes patient data to provide optimal drug therapy recommendations. Assesses the patient's medication therapy regimen and makes appropriate clinical interventions with the provider. Performs protocol-driven clinical services such as IV to oral dosing, stewardship activities, etc
3. Compounds and oversees the preparation and dispensing of medications including sterile products using standard formulas, processes and procedures as required.
4. Complies with the medication formulary, and therapeutic substitution and other programs designed to optimize drug therapy while minimizing cost as required.
5. Completes required documentation such as notations in the medical record, controlled substances documentation, cash register reconciliation, competency, etc. as required.
6. Counsels patients and appropriate family members regarding pharmaceutical care issues as requested or required.
7. Directs workflow of the shift and supervises pharmacy technicians, students, and/or volunteers present during that shift.
8. Adheres to federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Identifies and participates in process improvement opportunities.
10. Precepts students, residents and participates in training new pharmacy staff as required.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist and eligible to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.