Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33326
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care services within the scope of practice for the licensed provider.
1. Comply with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Works collaboratively with leadership, multiple stakeholders and other departments.
3. Demonstrates ability to work in multiple databases, navigate within electronic medical records, and assess compliance with quality metrics.
4. Provides professional optometric services to patients and refers as needed to appropriate medical specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate medical care is provided.
5. Documents clinical care in the patient’s electronic medical record.
6. Complies with UNC HCS compliance recommendations for billing appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes.
7. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
8. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills with team members, patients, and caregivers.
● Graduation from an accredited school of optometry.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years experience as an optometrist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.