Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33363
Location: Asheville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Carolina Spine and Neurosurgery Center is under new Management.
Processes physician, hospital, and outpatient referrals. Responsible for patient scheduling, obtaining insurance authorization, and providing appropriate guidance regarding insurance coverage. Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works collaboratively with all diagnostic and surgical service areas, physician offices and hospitals to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness when scheduling patient appointments, tests and procedures.
2. Consistently provides accurate and detailed patient information to include patient demographics and medical information pertinent to appointment being scheduled to ensure patient safety and quality patient care.
3. Obtains accurate and valid physician or advanced practitioner orders for all appointments, tests and procedures being scheduled.
4. Accurately and consistently communicates appointment, test, procedure information and prep to patient and/or family member. Adheres to privacy, compliance and HIPPA regulations.
5. Ensure patient has follow-up appointment with the physician to discuss outcomes, as appropriate.
6. Consistently and accurately document the date and time of appointment, tests, scan or procedure in the patient's medical record. Communicate as appropriate to practice staff.
● High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Legal Employer: GP2
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: Carolina Spine & Neurosurg Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Group Practices II, LLC, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.