Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 33188
Location: Lumberton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will require that the applicant possesses the clinical evaluation and educational skills expected of an athletic trainer working in a physician extender role. The athletic trainer is responsible for the following functions regarding athletic injuries prevention, assessment, treatment, and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification. The athletic trainer will demonstrate proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment. The athletic trainer will carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician.
1. Casting and Patient Care- Casting patients, providing splints, braces, crutches and other DME and provide patient education for these items. Staple or suture removal, preparing injections, taking vital signs and stocking and cleaning rooms.
2. Disability Cases- Answering patient clinical phone calls in a timely manner and completing disability paperwork.
3. Patient Education- Educate patients on home exercise programs and therapeutic exercise. Communicates effectively with patients and staff members.
4. Patient Information- Rooming and obtaining the necessary patient information to update the patient history and chart. Reviewing clinic schedules and charts to verify all of the appropriate test results or patient information related to the appointment have been received. Order appropriate x-ray, lab or other medical tests as indicated. Performance of a thorough medical history and appropriate physical examination on patients with appropriate documentation.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) certification
● Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners or license eligible.
● BLS for healthcare providers.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as an athletic trainer preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the use of relevant medical terminology.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Southeastern
Organization Unit: UNC Health Ortho at Health Pk
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.